Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cramond Causeway - 5km - Untimed

Through a whole bunch of misfortunate incidents including - tiredness, hungoverness, sciatica, calf pain and general laziness - I've not run in about 3 weeks.

I'd decided to get back on it on Sunday 28th Nov and unfortunately this coincided with the worst snow fall in 17 years. The run was ok but the first half was into a head wind with sleet and snow flying into our faces. Didn't even make it to the end of the esplanade and turned back around the half way mark. The way back was much nicer! Only one slip while turning to blow and air hanky - but I guess I was asking for it.

Once back at the car park Graham got his new 2.4 child carrier stuck and thankfully some bloke gave us a tow up the hill (to where I'd sensibly parked). The drive home was crazy and almost bought it head on into a Honda Jazz (I hate those cars) but managed to do some Iceman manoeuvers to get out the way. Then at about 200m from the the flat at 3mph crashed into some scaffolding. Luckily the curb prevented anything serious from happening.

The car has been buried where I left it ever since... and it's now Tuesday!

No comments: