Monday, April 13, 2009

Simon's Meadows Loops - 13.1km - 1:32:33

Ran down to the Meadows today to meet Simon for a run. Tried to really run flat out on the way there but my feet were hurting loads and I did the 2.7km stretch in 17min 18sec which worked out a 9.4km/h which, although the fastest pace I've run to date, was still slow and only over a short distance. Also it means there is very little chance of me doing a 10km race this year in under 1 hour which is one of my goals.

Anyway, we ended up doing 4 laps of the Meadows before I peeled off and ran back up Polworth Terrace to the flat. The overall speed was only 8.5km/h and I'm getting quite disheartened with how little that's changed over the last few months. I'm definitely putting in the miles but I just can't seem to increase the speed. Perhaps I need to incorporate different exercise too e.g. spin classes or Fart-lek. Just don't know if I can be arsed though and that's a real problems.

Also, shifting a few pounds wouldn't hurt... easier said than done when you've got a fridge full of Easter chocolate!

No comments: