Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Meadows Loop - 7.5km - 50mon 44sec

This is the last run before the half marathon and it was supposed to be a short easy run... supposed to be!

Started off far too fast and that chest pain came on within seconds and lasted for a good 7 mins or so. Then my right foot started hurting and didn't really improve at all. Slowing down helped a bit but it was still there niggling away in my shoe. Before the run I checked the laces were nice and loose so I can't blame that.

I ran too quickly up Laurison Place and by the time I was on Potter Row I was out of breath and that really slowed me down round the meadows. The up hill part of the meadows were terrible because of that. Also by the time I got to Bruntsfield I had no kick for the down hill or the finish.

Happy about the time but perhaps as my last run before the race I should have taken it easier. I'm now petrified that the marathon is going to be a massive mixture of agony, tears and humiliation.

4 Days to go. Oh dear.

No comments: