Thursday, September 23, 2010

Canal Loop - 4.5km - Untimed

So I'm back on the road now. Recently I've been trying to improve my speed and actually run instead of jog. As part of this I've been doing this wee loop out to Toll Cross and then back along the canal. During the canal part I've been doing a sort of fartlek and I've really noticed a difference.

Today, I managed to run the length of the canal with only 2 "running" sections were as previously I've had to divide it up in to 4 and 5 parts. The hope is that I can actually get up to calling myself a "Runner" instead of a poor excuse for a social jogger. A few more weeks of this and I should be able to move onto a marathon-type training program as it looks like I'm going to need a minimum of 26 weeks serious effort to pull this off.

Oh well, at least I've got a project for the winter now!

No comments: