Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cloch Lighthouse and Back - Split 10km 22min - Total 20km 44min

Not very impressive. At least it was 4C today instead of the freezing 1C yesterday.

I tried to do this at "race-pace" and this was all I could manage so it looks like I'll barely manage to do the cycle segment in under 45 minutes. Every time I've had a split of around 40 mins I've had a huge tail wind and from the look of the route it's going to be a loop so tail winds will become head winds and vice versa.

I suppose it'll at least be a bit warmer and I'll not be wearing a big wind-catcher jacket at the time. As I remember though, Stirling is quite hilly in places and it could be a total nightmare on the road bike. I guess weight loss is where it's at. If you think that people pay thousands of pounds for lighter bikes when all they really need to do is shift a couple of their own kilos it kinda puts weight into perspective.

No comments: