Sunday, March 9, 2008

Greenock Via Gourock Loop - 20km split - 40min, 35km total - 1 hour 20 min

Well the temp on the speedo went from 7C to a glorious 4C today. This happening in the middle of a downpour that soaked me. My jacket kept me dry but despite my over-shoe cover (which are supposed to be water proof) my shoe filled with rain and my toes and feet froze.

It was unbearable. At one point I rode past another cyclist who had taken refuge in a bus shelter. I felt his pain. Perhaps I should have joined him and waited for the storm to pass but my feet were in such agony by that point I decided just to try for home ASAP.

I have to say I was quite pleased that I made the 40min mark again without as much of a tail wind as last time but I was sorely disappointed with the final time. I suppose that's not all that important and the weather played a big part in that but still it sucks.

One thing that was interesting though - as I was on the way home I had to get off my bike at the IBM dual carrage way to move a huge bucket some moron had left in the fast lane. The process of running those few meters was horrible and I'm dreading the feeling in my legs the first time I do a trail run of the second transition. It's going to be very strange trying to run any distance after a 20km road cycle.

No comments: