Sunday, March 8, 2009

Long Arthur's Loop - 15km - 1hour 52mins 8sec

The weather was shit today but there was no choice but to get out on the road. I awoke to a snow storm and driving winds this morning whic was disheartening to say the least.

Unfortunately, although I've already run 3 times this week the've all been 7.5km runs and that means I was missing a long run. Given that the first half marathon is only 4 weeks away I really had no option but to go for it.

Thankfully there was a bit of a break in the snow and the sun came out for a bit of it. The new trainers felt good even thought they were a bit tight to begin with. I wasn't sure about doing the full 15km with the new shoes on but they performed well and I even managed to knock 5 mins off my time despite the wind and the snow.

Worryingly, I was quite spent again at the end and I still think that I don't have 21km in my legs for the half. I guess I'm going to have to spend the next 4 weeks increasing the distance a bit although I don't know if I've got the time or the inclination. Perhaps if I start putting in 2 long runs and 2 short runs on alternate days that might be enought...

We'll see.

No comments: