Sunday, March 15, 2009

Random Route - 17.3km - 2hour 14mins 18sec

Well I don't really know what the plan was supposed to be this morning but as I ran round the north side of Aruthur's Seat I realised that I couldn't be bothered doing the up hill part so I just continued on towards Meadowbank Stadium.

After running over the Bridges and round the town I ended up in the familiar territory of the Meadows and made a token effort to add a bit of extra distance by heading all the way down Morningside road before cutting back towards Collington Rd.

Soon I was home. I really took my time today and the only real goal was to run more than 15km... which I did. However, when I saw the time I couldn't help being a bit disappointed. It worked out at 7.73km per hour which means the half marathon would take me 2 hours and 42 secs (ish).

In saying that, I put down 2 hours 45min for my expected finish time so anything less than that will make me happy. I would be ecstatic if I managed to get less then 2 hours 30mins but I guess we'll see in 3 weeks.

One other good thing is that today I felt that I could manage another couple of kms... I don't know about another 4km though!

No comments: