Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Meadows Loop - 7.5km - 56min 7sec

Tried to take it slow today but I still had the sore feet thing going on. It was really icy as well and in all honesty my heart wasn't in it. I actually got up at 5am to do a 15km run but it was still snowing so went back to bed until 6am then did the shorter run.

During the Meadows part I got over taken on the hill by FIVE people. First 2 old folk that looked like they were going really slow but I still couldn't catch them. Then I got beasted by 2 girls but they thankfully started walking about 100m later on and I was able to run past them. Finally a guy who looked like a proper runner soared passed me at Holy Corner.

I actually thought that the time I got was going to be longer so I'm kinda happy about that especially with all the ice on the deck. However, the foot pain is really beginning to frustrate me and I'm still getting that odd chest pain. That's coming on more frequently and usually starts at the beginning of the run before fading. The most annoying thing is that it's been there for a couple of years now and although I'm sure it's muscular, it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

No comments: