Friday, March 6, 2009

Meadows Loop - 7.5km - 49min 35sec

Read it and weep!

I really went hard today and it felt like it was going to be a better time. Thankfully it was and more importantly... it was sub-50 which I've been trying to get for ages. In fairness my times have been so far above that time that I thought it would be a few more weeks before I made it under the 50 mark.

What's also good is that I knocked about 3 mins off my best time so all in all a significant improvement.

The down side though (cause there's always a down side) is that my legs are now really sore. I'm supposed to be doing a long run at some point this weekend but I'm worried that I'll be too sore after todays effort (and the fact that I've already run 3 times this week).

On the plus side - weirdo chest pain thingy was much less today - about 2 mins and feet were much less sore but still causing a problem. Still unsure about the whole new shoe thing but perhaps a trip to the shop with my shoes is merited so the pros can check em out and decide if I need new ones (which I'm sure they will).

No comments: