Sunday, February 10, 2008

Greenock via Gourock Loop - 20km split 44min - 35km total 1hour 19min

Got up this morning and did the above route. Actually it wasn't too bad and despite the 8C temp there was almost no wind and it was relatively dry. They turning of the pedals was a bit difficult though as I'm still not back in cycling mode and it'll be a few weeks of regular use of the newly purchased (but still not arrived) indoor trainer. None the less I managed to knock 3 mins of the 20km split and I reall would like that down to about 35-37mins by the time the triathlon comes around.

On an totally different note - I dropped in on Adam and Emma before my shift this afternoon and Adam is quite keen to do a 10km race before his 30th Birthday which is in Sept. That coincides nicely wity the Glasgow 10k which I'm also keen to do. He's never really run before but is going to shop for running shoes this week and then we are meeting on Thursday evening to do a 5km walk/run to get him into his stride. I'm sure within 3 weeks he'll be running the 5km and then we'll move up to 10km and finally try for 10km under 1 hour. Fingers crossed.

No comments: