Sunday, February 17, 2008

Shore Road Screw Up - 31km - 1:06

Although freezing day on the bike - a grand high of 7C. I tried to do the Greenock loop via Gourock that I did last weekend but the road is closed at the Gantock Hotel as the whole thing is a smoldering wreck. I think it must have burnt down over night. It's been derelict for some time now so I can only assume that it's was vandals.

So I got as far as that and then had to double back then go up the IBM road as far as the hospital turn off then back down to Skelmorlie. I'm sure that I could have done more but my feet were going to fall off and I'd forgotten to put on my shoe covers so that didn't help much.

Incidently, the only split I took was at 10km and that was 20 minutes so I think I was on course to post a faster time than last week. I guess I'll have to wait till next Sunday.

Another thing that you might have noticed is that I have only be posting complete minutes - I broke the speedo in Australia and I'm afraid that I can't read the seconds or the km fractions. Bummer.

No comments: