Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Skelmorlie Loop - 5km - 30:25

Well I have to say that I'm surprised that in the space of 2 weeks and only 5 runs I've already dropped 4 minutes off my time. I guess that's what happens in the early stages - it's the later ones that get harder. Today however was still tough as it was only 2C outside and there was frost on the ground. The roads were quite icy too and on the steep descent to Wemyss Bay I really took my time. Shame though as I probably could have been sub-30 today if I'd not had to slow down.

On th plus side - the cycle trainer arrived yesterday and it's harder than I thought it would be. There are 7 levels of difficulty and I barely managed the first three. I also had a shot of that "one foot cycling" and that was impossible. Only managed 2 minutes a time with each leg. There's a really noticable dead space between about 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock where it's horrifically difficult to get the pedal over the top. It's going to take a long time and a lot of practice I think!

Also, I don't know if I mentioned, Adam is keen to do the Glasgow 10km and run with me once a week until I get back up to Glasgow. Then it'll be 3-4 times a week buddy!!

No comments: