Saturday, February 16, 2008

Skelmorlie Short Loop - 3km - 19:34

This was awful today.

I had nothing in my legs going up the hill and for the first time since starting my training I had to stop. I wasn't even 2/3 up. I started running again once I was at the top but there was nothing there. So when the opportunity to take the stairs down to Shore Road appeared... well I took it.

As Brad Kearns says - sometimes there's no point pushing through as you're going against what you're body is telling you. Well my body is telling me that I'm not a pro athlete and carrying 16st around is not good for me. In all honesty, as I've said before, I think that just going on a diet and losing 3st before the race will do me more good that the exercise (from a race time point of view).

Anyway, after reassessing the situation I think that the problem is the indoor trainer. I was on it again for 40 minutes yesterday and although that's not a great deal of time it really does take a toll on my legs and I do feel it late into the evening.

Tomorrow is my long cycle to Greenock and back - by cutting the run short today I hope that I can beat my split for 20km and my 35km time tomorrow. That will have made today worthwhile.

No comments: