Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Skelmorlie Loop - 5km - 29:29

That's right folks 29mins and 29secs.

I wasn't supposed to be running this morning as the weather was due to be crap and I'm also running this evening in Glasgow with Adam but when I woke up the sun was shining and I thought "What the hell!" It spat a bit after I started but I continued round and although I felt a bit out of breath today I still felt quite good. I think I probably was at my maximum though as I had almost no sprint at the end and I was please to reach the house.

So that's it - 30 minutes has been broken. Now it's just a question of shaving off the odd 10-15 seconds here and there and trying to get it down to 25 minutes before the race.

On a random note I was treating a Triathlete the other day who was in his fifties and his best time for a sprint was 1 hour 6 minutes which is impressive. He also just finished an Iron Man in 11 hours. That's just crazy. The good thing was he says that I won't be last as there are plenty of people who drop out during the race. He also said that sometimes people only swim one length of the pool then stop. In saying that, I could still be the last person who actually finishes the race! Anyway, here is a picture of Hillary Swank running. Inspiration for slobs like me!!!

No comments: