Sunday, February 24, 2008

Greenock via Gourock Loop - 20km split 40min - 35km total 1hour 19min

I almost bailed out of this one today.

Looking out the window this morning there was trees being blown all over the place and the rain was lshing down so I opted for the indoor trainer. After about 2 minutes I realised that the rain had stopped and the wind seemed to have died down somewhat so I thought "F*** it!" and took the bike off the trainer, got my warmest and wind/rain proof-est gear on and braved the weather.

I'm glad I did. It stayed dry for the whole route and the tailwind out to Gourock gave me an artificially fast 20km split that knocked 4 minutes of my previous time. Still I'm going to count it as my new PB and that gives me a reasonably decent time to aim for more consistantly.

Overall, I lost a lot of time on the way back as the headwind was awful and at points I was only doing about 15 kmph. Not exactly the stuff of legends but regardless of all that I'm just happy that I got out on the road today.

No comments: