Sunday, April 20, 2008

Arran (Anti-Clockwise) - 94km - 4 hours 51 mins

This was overall quite horrible yesterday.

It started off with a great tail wind that blew us over Lochranza and then down most of the coast to Blackwaterfoot. However, it was in our face for the entire rest of the cycle. The going was tough and Stuart made the ferry by the skin of his teeth while Natasha and I arrived in time to watch it cast off it's ropes and head to the mainland... without us!

So we went to the pub. Watched the Rangers vs St Johnstone semi-final (which was actually very exciting as it went to penalties - and normally I hate football). Drank about 4 pints of coke. Then got the 1920 ferry back home.

I now have an aching right knee which has got me worried slightly for future training. I think I'll take the next couple of days off!

No comments: