Friday, April 4, 2008

Greenock Via Gourock - 20km Split 38mins, 35km Total 1hour 19mins

It was a very respectable 9C this morning and with the new tyre on the bike but a shady rickety noise coming from the back wheel (which I could attribute to anything appart from perhaps a ball bearing in the axel) I headed out for this 35km round trip.

It's been a while since I've done this one but the 20km split is the same route as the Bull Ring ride so I was really pleased when I crossed the 20km mark at 38mins. Actually, I'm tempted to say 37:59 as I saw the 37 change to 38 at the split. The fact that the seconds are broken is a bummer so I would have to put 37mins down and that would be ages before I broke that.

As you can see from the total - not much changed for the round trip but there was a horrific head wind (32mph gusts) on the way back (at one point I was in my third lowest gear ON THE FLAT). However, I think the time would have been even worse if I'd not put the new tyre on. On hindsight, I remember a massive difference in Sydney when I put that all weather tyre on the back wheel to replace my rear race tyre after it blew up. So it seems that the Schawble has been a good investment.

No comments: