Saturday, April 5, 2008

Bullring and Back - 20km split 47mins, 40km total 1 hour 32 mins + Skelmorlie Steps Run (3km untimed)

Well today was difficult. I really wanted to see if I could actually run after a big cycle so I headed on the 40km round trip to Greenock and back. It was tough on the legs after yesterdays ride but I made it back in average time. Then it was off with the bike shoes and on with the trainer.

Oh dear. It was hard. I felt like my legs had no bones in them as I wobbled along the street at the pace of a crawling neonate. In saying that I still made it up the hill and down the steps and back without stopping so I'm really quite pleased.

I should point out though that I really, REALLY, didn't enjoy running after cycling and it was a crazy sensation. It's going to take a lot more practice and I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and start running after most of my cycles.

Might give tomorrow a rest even though it's Sunday and a good day to be on the bike - but it's forcast for snow and high winds so perhaps a long lie would do me more good. Besides, I'm running with Adam in Glasgow on Monday so there's no escaping that.

No comments: