Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Skelmorlie Loop - 5km - 31:14

It's about time that I got out on the road again. I think it's over 2 weeks since I ran which it poor show to say the least. The time proves that!

Anyway, it started out at quite a good pace but towards the middle I crumbled again and the last 2km was more of a shuffle than a run. Also my right gleut started giving me gip which it's been threatening to do on the bike for ages. On the final stretch I had nothing and it was incredibly hard work getting to the end. But I did and should use this as incentive to get back to a sub 30min time.

Of note - Adam has been galavanting for the last couple of weeks also but wants to hit the tarmac on Monday evening so that'll be a definite run for both of us.

Incidently, I think the indoor trainer has destroyed my rear tyre. There's a single bald patch which is now warped as the inner tube tries to make a bid for freedom. Having investigated what's going on I think that the turbo-trainer fly-wheel gets so hot during a cycle that if I leave the bike attached afterwards then the metal melts the rubber. Bought a new tyre to replace it but I don't want it to happen again. Perhaps I should just brave the traffic and spend more time on the road with my lovely new Schwalbe tyre - I got the blue one!

No comments: